Sunday, May 17, 2009

the last couple of months...

It's been a loooonnnngg time! Here's a little re-cap of March and April for ya. I'll get to May shortly, but this is very time consuming, and I am ready to hit the hay!

At the very end of April/first of May, we went up to Charlotte for the PGA Quail Hollow Championship tournament. We had the best time. First, the boys, Lynn, Dad and I went to the practice round... Dad's 60th Brithday present from us. It was fantastic - beautiful day, not too many people, boys did great - just a lot of fun! So happy for the opportunity to go with Dad :)


(Papa can always find Hudson's tickle spots!)




(that's Rocco Mediate in the background)

The next day at the Pro Am... waiting with Uncle Adam to see Tiger Woods (not just Tiger, Tiger Woods) walk by. This day I decided that the boys would not be heading back to the course again! There was just a moment (that felt like eternity) where I swear the entire golf course was silent except for Hudson. Stressful is an understatement!



Bathing with Cousin Taylor!



And oopsy, Hudson's jammies got wet and we had to borrow some from Taylor... might be the closest thing to us actually having a girl!



Matthew was in HEAVEN playing with all of Uncle Adam's old school cars & trucks.



We went to Mexico Beach for the weekend back in April and had a great time. Matthew and Hudson would be happy never leaving the sand.





MB is also where Hudson mastered the push toy :)





Here are some random pictures of the boys playing around:



(they go all over the house like this, and it is so funny)




(a few of his silly faces!)





Matthew got his first black eye from falling off the bed :(



It's sad to say that we took so few pictures at Easter - no family shot, no shot of the boys together dressed for church - you can only tell it's Easter by the one of Matthew. Pathetic!


(our littlest chick-a-dee)


(hunting eggs at his fourth egg hunt... atleast he still got excited!)

In March, Richard & Melissa asked us to go out to Big Sky, Montana, for SIX days. (without children) We had such a great time. I learned that I could really take or leave the skiing/snowboarding. (i did try boarding and had the best time hanging with my VERY patient husband for two days!) I don't know if it's that I'm older and a parent (or a wimp!), but being on the mountain makes me so aware of the fact that I could break a bone in a matter of seconds. However, I could definitely live in the mountains. It blows my mind that people actually wake up to that scenery every morning. It's BEAUTIFUL out there!



1 comment:

Meredith said...

Yay! Love the update and the new background!! Can't believe how big Hudson is getting!! Miss y'all! Let's try to get together soon!